Recipe inspired by subscriber, Aiden!
- Rye bread, two slices
- Corned beef (prepackaged or homemade) - approx. three ounces
- Swiss cheese, two slices
- Sauerkraut (pickled cabbage) - any jarred brand you like! - approx. three tablespoons
- Butter or olive oil
- Thousand Island Dressing : bottled or mixed together. (Equal parts mayo, ketchup, and relish)
“Breaking out the cast iron, because I don’t want to mess this sandwich up.”
If you have one, great! If not, a non-stick pan will do just fine.
1. Toast two slices of rye bread in a hot cast iron skillet, with olive oil or butter.
2. Pile slices of corned beef and sauerkraut onto one slice of bread, and add slices of swiss cheese! (Trick to melt the cheese? Add a lid!)
3. Toast it golden brown. (Less than I did)
4. Spoon dressing into the sandwich once cooked.
5. “Cut it diagonally - it just feels better.”
“My dad was a Reuben guy - that sandwich is so good. Reubens are weird, they have everything on them is kind of sour - everything together, it all compliments itself. I’m telling you, if you like a Reuben sandwich, you’ll probably like a sauerkraut and sausage pizza. It’s a solid 8 and a half!” - Mav
Scottish Beef Stew and Dumplings
400g diced beef
2 large potatoes – diced
mixed veg (i use carrot and peas)
glass of red wine
scotch broth mix (red lentils, green split peas, yellow split peas, barley grain, barley flakes)
peel and dice your vegetables
load diced beef, onion, salt & pepper and olive oil into the pressure cooker, and saute until beef has browned
deglaze pan with red wine, add in veg and stock, bring to boil, add in tinned tomatoes and scotch broth mix.
cook for roughly 1 hour with lid closed.
best served with dumplings (im sure you will find a dumpling recipe)
Ha e you ever had penutbutter fish….
Hmu in a email.
How do one send recipes I like you to make cheese the plant that looks like a tree soap
Vegan Chick’n Enchiladas
1 red onion
1 greennjalapeno pepper
1 red onion
1/2 cup Salsa
1/2 cup cream cheese (I used Earth Island)
8 oz vegan chick’n meat (Tofurky lightly seasoned or canned mock duck diced)
Tex-Mex shredded vegan cheese
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
Fajita seasoning packet
Red enchilada sauce
Vegan Sour cream
Mexican rice (Uncle Ben’s Mexican Rice pouch)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350F
1. Dice the peppers & onion and saute in a little olive oil until slightly translucent.
2. Add the chick’n and cook a few minutes longer.
3. Add cream cheeze and mix in.
4. Add fajita seasoning and cumin.
5. Add salsa and cook for a few minutes longer to let some of the moisture evaporate.
6. Take off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheeze.
7. Divide mixture between 8 tortillas and roll up leaving sides open.
8. Place in a rectangular casserole dish.
9. Drizzle enchilada sauce over top.
10. sprinkle more cheeze on top.
11. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
12. Remove foil and return to oven for another 15 minutes or until cheeze is melted and edges of the enchiladas are crisp.
. Açorda de camarão
400 g prawns or medium shrimp, with shell
500g of water
20 g coriander, fresh, plus q.s. for guarantor
40 g olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 pinch of pepper
2 egg yolks
400 g hard bread.
. PREPARATION STAGE
1 . Start by making the shrimp fumet. Place the shrimp shells and heads in the mixing bowl, along with the water and boil.
2 – Strain the broth. Discard the shells and reserve.
3 – Place in a container with the bread and water with the fumet, involving well and Reserve.
4 – In the pan, place the chopped garlic, olive oil and coriander. Then sauté 3min
5 – Add the shrimp and sauté 3 min Remove the shrimp
6 – Pour the soaked bread into the broth, and cook for another 5 minutes, always stirring.
7 – Add the yolks and shrimp and mix for 10sec/. Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Comida portuguesa … Bom apetite .